Gulf Coast Medical Malpractice Lawyer
- Have you had a bad experience with the health care system?
- Did your family doctor fail to diagnose your cancer?
- Did you have unexpected complications from surgery that your surgeon failed to warn you about?
- Did a loved one develop a serious infection from bed sores while in a nursing home?
- Was a terrible allergic reaction to medication caused by a nurse's mistake or pharmacist's error?
These are some of the questions that may lead you to ask:
Do I Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
The negligent doctor or clinic's malpractice insurance company may have already approached you and offered to quickly settle your claim for damages stemming from an injury or death caused by a medical mistake or medical negligence. You may think that you don't need an attorney and that a law firm will take a significant part of your settlement.
Before you accept a quick settlement, or attempt to represent yourself in a malpractice claim, consider the following facts:
- Insurance adjusters don't pay full value of injury claims unless they have to. Their job is to settle your claim for as little as possible. Our law firm will fight to recover the full value of your claim including compensation for pain, suffering, the costs of reparative medical treatment, loss of income, and any lifestyle changes caused by disability.
- The hospital, doctor and their insurance companies will have top-notch defense attorneys working to shift blame and minimize the effect of your injury or your family member's death. We will work to accurately place the blame for injury or death caused by a medical professional's substandard treatment.
- Medical malpractice and other personal injury claims often involve complicated liens by health insurance companies and subrogation interests by work comp carriers. We negotiate liens with medical insurers, state agencies, employers and others who might have an interest in your settlement or verdict.
- There are strict deadlines which must be met in order to bring a lawsuit for malpractice in Louisiana. If an action is not brought within the correct time period after the injury or death, you will lose your right to sue for damages. We will take all action necessary to protect your rights and bring a successful medical malpractice action.
Jim Arruebarrena has successfully helped many clients recover damages medical malpractice, including birth injuries, medication errors, hospital negligence, emergency room delays, misdiagnoses, surgical errors, and pharmacy errors.If you suspect that a doctor slipped up, and you or a family member is paying the price for his or her error, contact a medical malpractice lawyer at the New Orleans law office of James Arruebarrena for a free attorney consultation.