New Orleans Title 7 Discrimination Claims Lawyer

Experienced Metairie, LA Racial Discrimination Lawyer

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate against a person based on race, sex, color, religion or national origin. If an employer failed to hire, failed to promote, wrongfully discharged or otherwise treated you unfairly because of any of these factors, you have the right to file a claim.

The New Orleans law office of James L. Arruebarrena, L.L.C., can help.

Mr. Arruebarrena has been vigorously standing up for employees throughout Louisiana since 1993. He has a reputation for skilled defense and tough advocacy in the pursuit of justice for wronged clients. Discrimination and civil rights claims can be difficult, but with a lawyer like Mr. Arruebarrena on your side, you can feel confident in your ability to achieve success against a much larger adversary.

Filing a Federal Complaint

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is in charge of enforcing the Civil Rights Act. Thus, any Title VII discrimination claims must be filed through them. You have only 300 days from the time of the incident to file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Having an experienced lawyer on your side can help make sure the complaint is filed correctly and on time.

Once the complaint is filed, the EEOC may conduct its own investigation to determine whether you have a valid claim. The EEOC looks for clear wrongdoing related to:

If it determines your employer violated your rights, we will take immediate action to begin the claim process. Throughout the entire duration of the lawsuit, Mr. Arruebarrena will fight hard to recover:

  • Compensation for lost wages, suffering and emotional distress
  • Back-pay in wages
  • A job reinstatement agreement
  • Attorneys' fees
  • Punitive damages
  • And other forms of recovery

Contact an Experienced Discrimination and Harassment Attorney

Contact a Title VII discrimination claims attorney at our office today. Call us at 504-322-1272 , e-mail us, or fill out our employment law intake form on our Contact Us page. If your employer unlawfully made you suffer, let us help you make them pay.