New Orleans Sexual Harassment Lawyer

Phone: 504-322-1272

Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, sexual harassment attorney James Arruebarrena represents employees who have been sexually harassed in the workplace or who have been fired for complaining about sexual harassment.

What Constitutes Sexual Harassment in Louisiana?

Sexual harassment includes uninvited sexual advances, improper sexual innuendo, requests for sexual favors, inappropriate touching, sexually explicit or implicit remarks, and other conduct of a sexual nature that intimidates, offends, or interferes with your ability to work.

The federal government states the following regarding sexual harassment:

  • Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to the following:
  • The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex.
  • The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, an agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or a non-employee.
  • The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
  • Unlawful sexual harassment may occur without economic injury to or discharge of the victim.
  • The harasser's conduct must be unwelcome.

As an experienced employee rights litigator, James Arruebarrena has handled numerous claims involving sexual harassment. If you believe you have been sexually harassed, or are continually being sexually harassed, Mr. Arruebarrena can help. He can also advise you on issues regarding a hostile work environment, workplace harassment, and wrongful termination as related to your sexual harassment matters.

Contact an Experienced New Orleans Sexual Harassment Attorney

For more information about sexual harassment, or to discuss your sexual harassment claim, please schedule a confidential consultation by calling us at 504-322-1272 , e-mailing us, or filling out our employment law intake form on our Contact Us page. If your employer unlawfully made you suffer; let us help you make them pay.

If possible, please call to consult Mr. Arruebarrena before quitting your job or taking action. He can advise you on the proper way of handling the situation and even help you draft a formal letter of protest.